Sunday, April 15, 2012

28 Weeks

Time is absolutely flying by! We're now at 28 weeks!
Yeah, I can't believe it either. I'm officially in my third trimester. She is getting big! Now when she moves I can REALLY feel it and I can usually feel her moving in more than just one spot. One of my favorite things to do in my downtime is stare at my belly and watch her move. I've also finally gained back the weight I lost in my first trimester (due to the joys of morning sickness)! At our last check-up, our Dr. said everything is still looking good. I also got to take the lovely glucose screening test... what's more fun than drinking something that tastes like cool-aid and chemicals and then getting your blood drawn? 

Things are going well in the other aspects of our lives as well- Larin has a few more weeks left in this semester and then he'll be off from school all summer. I'm excited to get to have him around during the summer, especially when our daughter arrives!

Easter weekend we made a trip to Hiko (Larin's hometown) to visit with his family and my great sisters-in-law hosted a shower up there for all the family. It was so much fun to play games and celebrate this little one. We also got some cute clothes and homemade blankets and other fun baby gifts. Its fun to start to gather the things we need for her. And there are just so many cute things for little girls!

I have a flight booked the beginning of May (yes, with my Dr's approval) to go to Salt Lake for Emily's graduation. I am so excited to see her and celebrate with her.

Things are going great at work and I'm keeping plenty busy. I'm starting to plan for when I "plan" to leave on maternity leave. Yes, I know its kind of pointless to plan for a baby's arrival, since they pretty much arrive when they want to, but I want to have some sort of plan in place so my clients don't suffer with me being gone.

2 comments:

  1. Cassie: "Look at your pregnant sister"
    Scott: "Holy Cow! She's like really pregnant. That makes it pretty real. Wow." :) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Thanks for filling us in on Scott's reaction... I can totally hear him saying that! I'm so excited for our baby girl to get to meet her uncle Scott & aunt Cassie!

    ReplyDelete